Sunday, June 19, 2005

China Update The Great Wall

Greetings, today we went to the Jade Factory we saw how it was made. Then they took us into the shop so we could buy some of their wares. They had all kinds of things mad e out of Jade, they had jewellery, and different types of carvings. The one that impressed me was of a huge ship. I will try and include it in the pictures that I will upload. We then we off to the Great Wall, we were about 30 to 40 minutes out of Beijing and out of nowhere there were mountains. The Wall was incredible you could not see very far in the distance because of the smog but I got some amazing shots. I went fairly high and it just kept going again watch for pictures. We then went to the Friendship Shop for lunch the meal was great and it was part of our Great Wall Day trip there was a lot of food and it was very tasty. I think my favourite was the fish again , the baby bok choy and the dumplings. We then went out into the shop that had all kinds of things that tourists would love to buy. I bought a really nice silk print of the Great Wall.
Off to the grocery store again we tried a different one this time but it was a busier street so we really had to watch but we made it. It had a bunch of stores on the ground level and in basement was the grocery store that we would have been looking for a while if not for the glass floor on the main level. We picked up some Pampers ,some baby food and headed back to the hotel. Oh yeah in the one store upstairs they sold cell phones. David and I figured that for every 10 cell for styles there was two sales reps. So we figure they was 40 to 50 people working in this store selling phones. That is all they had. So needless to say we see alot of cell phones during our travel during the day, I even say a lady on a very old bike chatting on a cell today. Well time to upload pictures I am sure that what everyone is waiting for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home